FRS Kindergarten is a warm and nurturing environment for your child. We are registered for 60 pre-school children.Please telephone the Kindergarten Head teacher, Emma Wohl, on 020 8445 6807 to find out how to register your child. For more information Click here
Kochavim - School Years R-5
Our Sunday morning supplementary education programme is based around a system where children choose options of how they want to learn. They are also introduced to Jewish prayer through regular Tefillah. Class options range from Arts and Crafts to cookery, computer-based learning to drama.
Children in Reception are invited join Kochavim after the February half term.
All our education programmes are open to synagogue members only.
For more details on our Kochavim programme please click here
We are happy to support families applying to Jewish schools as much as those who don’t and we are willing to sign application forms for FRS members and non-members alike. Details of how to collect tokens for CRP forms are below.
For further information see on Jewish schools see http://www.findajewishschool.co.uk/.
Information re. collecting school points at FRS
- FRS MEMBERS & NON-MEMBERS:
You can collect one token per Shabbat (Friday OR Saturday, not both) by attending any synagogue service (see below for details of our services).
Chaggim (festivals) do not count towards points.
- NON-FRS MEMBERS ONLY:
Please register with Rachel Fidler by coming into the FRS office between 9am-3pm, Monday – Thursday. (It would be wise to call first – 020 8446 3244.)
If you are the parent of a child attending Shofar daycare, you can email Rachel at Rachel.Fidler@frsonline.org with all your details and attach a photo of yourself (the parent, not the child). Rachel will check with Sharon Lee to confirm.
- Please ask the service leader for the token at the end of the service, they will not give them out at the beginning.
- Rachel will email details of times when she or Karen Bloom will be available to sign forms. You must check the websites of all the schools to which you are applying for the number of tokens/visits required, and print off their application forms. Please bring these with you to the meeting, along with the tokens, with all relevant personal information pre-filled in.
WHAT SERVICES TAKE PLACE AT FRS?
We run a variety of synagogue services at FRS.
- Kuddle Up Shabbat takes place every Friday at 4.15pm for pre-schoolers
- Kabbalat Shabbat takes place every Friday evening at 6.30pm – a lovely, accessible hour-long service, full of beautiful tunes a lovely way to welcome Shabbat
- Rhythm ‘n’ Jews takes place once a month – a musical service for families with children up to Year 6, and parents and grandparents!, with the RnJ Band. Check the FRS website for dates
- Shacharit is our formal Shabbat morning service which often contains life cycle celebrations, starting at 10.30am. We do not run children’s services every Shabbat concurrently with Shacharit; please check the FRS website for dates of children’s services.
- B’Yachad services are aimed at adults with severe learning difficulties. Feel free to bring your family along to be part of and support this very special community.