SHAVUOT AT FRS
We would love to invite you to join us for a very exciting programme this Saturday night, where we mark Shavuot and the end of Mental Health Awareness week.
How exactly do they go together, you may be asking? Read on for all information, timing, and session information!
Saturday 19 May, 6.30pm to 11pm
– ‘Shavuot, Revelation and Well-Being’
Erev Shavuot service at 6:30pm led by Rabbi Miriam and Cantor Zöe followed by a bring and share meal. Please bring a non-meat, nut-free dish and/or dessert to share.
After dinner there will be a choice of sessions, with one track for teenagers and their parents, and the other open to all:
8pm Panel Discussion – Are We Coping?
- Join the mental health panel asking if we are coping on any level; as society, community or individuals.
Led by Consultant Clinical Psychologist Stuart Linke, professional organiser Juliet Landau-Pope, and Rabbi Miriam.
8pm A workshop with Sharon Daniels (welfare officer for RSY-Netzer)
- “Building Resilience in our Teenagers”
9pm Study and discussion with Rabbi Howard Cooper
- “The 4 who entered paradise – and one went mad…” An exploration of this mystical Talmudic text.
9pm Yoga with Sunnah Rose
- “How we can prepare our bodies and minds to receive” (No prior yoga experience necessary!).
9pm “Less stress, more success” with Juliet Landau-Pope
- How to manage stress before, during and after exams (for teenagers and their parents)
10pm “Meditation isn’t just for Buddhists” – Study with Rabbi Danny Newman
- An opportunity to learn about the Jewish path to wellbeing and awakening
10pm “Self-reflection can be our Revelation” – A late night session with Rabbi Miriam and Cantor Zoe.
- Finding Joy and Calm with the music and text of our tradition
Sunday 20 May, 10.30am-12.30pm
– Shavuot morning service and children’s actvities