RSY-Netzer is the youth movement for Reform Judaism which aims to educate, empower and challenge young Reform Jews, creating a community for them to blossom, whilst practising Reform values both within the movement and in the wider world. RSY-Netzer creates unique activities where you can have fun, meet new people, and live Jewishly. Lots of people start coming to RSY-Netzer when they are 10 and never leave until they have done everything on offer and ended up running the movement at 23! But whatever you choose to do, we’re sure you’ll love it.
Highlights of the year include:
- Sheleg, winter camp for those in school years 4-10
- Course Hadracha, an outstanding leadership course preparing young people to be youth leaders in their synagogues, open to those in years 11-12 with workshops throughout the year and a residential course in December
- Purim Spiel, an inter-community competition for the best retelling of the Purim story.
- Veidah, a chance to engage with and improve RSY-Netzer's ideology
- Shemesh, two week summer residential for chanichim in school years 5-10 and madrichim in year 12 and beyond
- Shemesh Day Camp, 5-day non-residential scheme for Reception to year 6
- Israel Tour, an amazing month in Israel for post GCSE students at the end of year 11
- Shnat Netzer, a gap year programme in Israel, including volunteering, learning, hiking, creating community and so much more
You’ll find brochures for all these events at FRS.